Welcome to the Photo Gallery of Klaas Stoppels.
Klaas was born in 1956 in Godlinze (prov. Groningen) in the Netherlands.The biggest part of his life (until now) he spent in The Hague. His hobby was filming and editing.
He traveled a lot and Bali became one of his most favorite places. By the end of 2000 he moved to Indonesia. Here he changed his hobby to photography.
Klaas did pre-weddings as well as product- and factory promotions. Several of his photo's were sold for private- and commercial use. He joint expositions in the Netherlands, Indonesia and south Korea. You can also find his works in several photo-books. He gave workshops all around Indonesia, gave private lessons, organized and guided many photographer tours and was jury in several photo contests.
- Finalist/ambassador Gambara Photo Award 2012 (selected from 16.000 photo’s)
- Enters 50 best photo, category Arts & Culture at World Photography Organization 2013 (selected from 122.000 images entered from 170 countries)
- Curator/jury for Gallery Photo Indonesia, 2013 exposition Jakarta)
- Jury for photo competition Bontang Sapta Pesona 2013
- Exposition @ Gyeongnam Art Museum, South Korea 2012
- Exposition Air Sungai 2012 - Exposition World Water Day 2013
- Exposition at Club Photography HSB @ Balai kota Solo and Daimond Conv. Centre
- Exposition at hospital “Jantung dan Pembuluh Darah Harapan Kita”, Jakarta
- Exposition World Photo Organization in London England 2013
- Exposition World Photo Organization Berlin Germany 2013
- Exposition and auctioning for “Victims Merapi eruption 2010”
- Exposition @ Sony Photo Expo Jakarta 2012
- Exposition @ Road Fair, Amsterdam Netherlands
- Awarded for best comments/critics @ Jakarta Photo Club 2011
- Awarded for best comments/critics @ Jakarta Photo Club 2012
- Instructor private lessons photography
- Workshop basics photography Jambi, Sumatra, Indonesia
- Workshop basics photography Bogor, Java, Indonesia
- Workshop basics photography Bontang, East Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Workshop basics photography for University Indonesia Jakarta
- Speaker at photographers meeting Sony, Jakarta
- Guided hunting for several Indonesian hospitals and staff
- Through the years hundreds of his photos became photo of the day/week/month, editor’s choice, etc. on several websites and magazines.
- Published works in several magazines, photo books and calendars like Panorama, Fotografer Digital, GAM expo, JPC photo book and others.
- Sold photo’s in the categories flora, fauna, landscape and human interest to several buyers
- Organizer and guide photographers tours Indonesia
Indonesia is a beautiful country with even as beautiful and friendly people. It isn't difficult to "grab" a smile in your shots. Just take a look at the Portrait & Snapshots album and see how friendly the Indonesian people are and with a friendly word they are always willing to pose for you.
Please feel free to browse around this photo gallery and experience how Klaas sees Indonesia through his eyes and lens. If you are photographer and planning to come to Indonesia and you don't know the way around, please contact Klaas. He can help you find hotels, transportation and the right photogenic places.
Klaas speaks Dutch, English, German and Indonesian
Tel: +62 (0)81 2268 7566 (whatsapp)
Visit Klaas' Facebook page
Sent an e-mail::
Note: All photo's are in maximum size of 1440 x 960 pixels. Viewing them in larger sizes will result in lower quality